The Web Design Process
The following information will serve as a guide to the web design and web development process, so you will know what to expect.
- Acquire a domain name - Only buy the domain name and do not buy any extra services. Many companies try to offer you services which you don't need.
- Acquire a web hosting company. It is recommended that you do not purchase a web hosting plan without speaking with us first as we will help you get a plan which will best fit your needs.
- Sign up for a merchant account if using an ecommerce site.
- Obtain an SSL certificate - needed when you are sending personal info over the web like a social security # or credit card number. We will purchase this for you and take care of installation.
- Create a site map of website. A sitemap is a diagram of every page that needs to be created in a tree like structure. All connections of these pages show where the pages link to.
- Create copy for every page in the sitemap. Place all text in a word document and name document by page. Do not place the text for every page in one document
- Design of Logo
- Design of Homepage
- Once homepage design is selected, internal page designs will be created
- Web Site construction begins
- First Web Site Review - send corrections
- Second Web Site review - send final corrections
- Web Site goes Live
- Optimize Web Site
- All About Good Website Design
- Why And When To Redesign Your Website
- The Web Design Process
- Monitoring Your Computer's Activity: Another Personal Safeguard
- Some Steps To Effective Internet Marketing and Huge Profits